Friday, October 29, 2010

Hi. I'm Camille. I'm 25 years old and living in Los Angeles. From May through September of this year, I moved to New Orleans from Los Angeles. I've been back in the City of Angels for just over a month now, staying with friends as I re-initiate myself into the City of Angels. Despite somewhat pesky material circumstances, I'm about a million times happier than I was last year, and maybe even as happy as I've ever been. Even though I'm broke and uncertain of my future, the very act of beginning to live my life the way I actually want has made up for all the doubt and uncertainty that sometimes clouds my spirits and creates a knot in my stomach.

I'm not sure if you've heard--you may have been under a rock or in a coma or a professional model for the last two years--but we're in a major recession right now. I try very hard to not listen to the news of our dire economic straits but statistically, every single person in America is looking for a job right now. I was lucky enough to resign, but unemployed is unemployed (and I'm not eligible for unemployment).

During my short time back, I have been totally staggered by the number of people--literally, almost everyone I know--who have said to me, "Dude. I've done that. It kind of sucks, but it's worth it," and so I want to record my experiences here. I never would've expected the multiple joys and frustrations of making my moves on instinct and faith. I think maybe, possibly, they might be interesting. And I want to find out about everyone else who's doing this or has done this. I think at the end of the day that's what's going to get me through. So. Here I go.

--Queen Navel Gazer

No comments:

Post a Comment